The title pretty much says it all. I really just received complete support from all of you, and that means so much! Of course, I’ll still be blogging just like normal (although lately, it’s been more sporadic than not), but there will be occasional talk/updates about weigh-ins, my workouts, progress updates, etc. You’ll probably also be seeing less desserts/sweets and more portioned out meals.
First things first:
1. Of course, I still 100% absolutely believe in loving yourself for who you are. That’s extremely important. No matter what size, you are beautiful and wonderful. But as I explained here, this is why I’m doing this.
2. If any of this is trigger stuff for you – please don’t read it. Also, if it’s getting to be "too much” or typical stereotypical blog/weight-related talk – please let me know! It can be easy to get caught up and make it sound like a weight journal.
I don’t usually like to talk numbers, but for this purpose, I will. Two weeks ago, I stepped on the scale (eek) to get my starting weight.
Start (Jan. 13): 163
(The only full body shot I have of myself recently. One of my many running skirt photo ops).
2nd WI on Jan. 20: 161
Tomorrow marks my third weigh-in, so we shall see!
I won’t be posting my daily eats everyday, as I just don’t have time for that! But will for today :
Breakfast – yogurt + pumpkin. Blueberries, pom seeds, Quaker corn bran cereal, scoop of pumpkin butter:
Big ol’ bowl thanks to the volumizing pumpkin!
+ 3 cups coffee with stevia & almond milk
Snack – fruit at work (there were apple slices too ). + a small scoop of peanut butter!
Lunch @ 1:30 – extra lean ground turkey (BOGO this week!) with sauteed veggies seasoned in soy sauce & garlic salt. Topped with tomato basil feta cheese, fat free sour cream, & mango cranberry salsa.
This was deeeeeeelicious.
Dessert – sugar free jello (artificial and crap-filled? Yes. But it satisfied my sweet tooth).
Dinner @ 6:30 (at work) –
a plate of brown mush Creole seasoned pea dish (peas, mushrooms, green beans, hardboiled egg, seasoning). Potatoes Anna (not sure exactly – but it was sliced up delicious tasting potatoes). And succotash (corn, lima beans, and lots of oil). This was actually a very delicious dinner! Dinner at work is hard because sometimes there’s too many options, sometimes it’s all red meat/fish. They also post the calories information, but I’m not sure how accurate it all is. Or if the portion sizes are correct.
+ half of a corn bread muffin (spontaneous grab! Whoops).
& a few bites of a peach crisp.
Snackage at home tonight included frozen fruit with almond butter:
And hot cocoa (my one hot chocolate for the week!) made with 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 packet of splenda, water, and a splash of almond milk:
So there you go with today’s eats. I’m trying to focus on a few changes:
- Smaller/extravagant breakfasts. My breakfasts easily add up to too many calories with all the nut butters, cream cheeses, cereals, etc. Delicious, but a little too much.
- Less random spoonfuls of nut butter. Difficult. But a work in progress.
- Less desserts/sweets. Of course I’m still going to enjoy them! Heck, you didn’t see the cream-cheese nutella brownies last night. But you did see the cookies, brownies and ice cream enjoyed this weekend I’m just tying to make it more of a few times per week thing. Rather than a multiple times per day thing.
I’ve been trying to take the baby on walks whenever I’m at work. It adds a little something to the day! And honestly? I’ve been counting it as my workout. With my injury, I’m trying to take it easy. And I don’t have much other time in the day to exercise. It’s better than nothing!
- 5 minutes of ab plank work
- Push-ups 3 x15
- 3 mile walk in 51 minutes (avg. pace: 17 minutes)
Adios!! And thank goodness tomorrow is Thursday!