Keep in mind this was supposed to go up yesterday, but I got distracted….
April 15 might mean one thing to most of you: TAX DAY.
But to me, April 15 always means…my birthday!
Keys to a successful birthday:
1. Cake flavor. In any shape or form. While Funfetti Pancakes seem to be popular around here for birthdays, I didn’t have much time to make pancakes this morning. And I’m on such a god-awful cottage cheese kick.
Cake Batter Cottage Cheese!!
Don’t even knock it ‘till you’ve tried it. It tasted like thick gooey cake batter. Yummmmm.
And I definitely went back for seconds.
2. A good gym sesh. Too bad I skipped this and slept in instead
3. Monster salad beast is a must for birthdays
I don’t even know what was in said Beast, but it consisted of normal salad fixins’ plus a scoop of Hawaiian Tempah, cashew chicken salad, and…..something else from the hot bar.
And it’s a good thing I didn’t buy a dessert because this arrived shortly after I got home:
4. More cake. This time in heaven form:
Seriously people. A deep dish S’mores pie (from Costco – where else would my family shop?). My daddy knows me well
5. Beautiful flowers. Flowers are a tradition on our birthdays. My dad would always come home from work every birthday with a bouquet (from…uh…Costco). LOVE.
Tonight is pretty low key. Just grabbing some dinner, and then going out with friends!
Foot/PT update: I stopped going to PT for the time being as it wasn’t drastically helping, it’s expensive, and I’m running out of appointments (due to insurance). I caved last week and got The Boot. Nothing is helping. And I’m getting desperate here. I know many people don’t recommend booting up, but I’m hoping it helps since I walk SO MUCH at work. We will see.
Which brings me to successful tip
6. Actually getting dressed in real clothes (and not the workout clothes I wear everyday). Sexy boot isn’t it?