So I meant to get a post up yesterday, but that didn’t work out. Rather than create a lonnnnngggg recap of my year, I thought I would just mention the highlights.
1. Awesome trips I took:
- My first Vegas trip (after being 21 – when it counts )
- Going up to the cabin this summer:
2. Injury issues: I continued with physical therapy for my knee – this time focusing on hip strengthening and massage therapy. I battled with my knee all year. But eventually gave in to running short distances with slight pain. But….after massage therapy, foam rolling, and getting new shoes, I eventually increased my running with little to no knee pain!! I excitedly signed up for a half marathon, and completed the SF Women’s Nike half in October. I never thought I would race again, so this meant so much to me. I was so excited as I trained again and gradually increase my mileage with each week.
Not only did I struggle with my knee, but I also dealt with an odd oblique pain throughout August, Plantar Fasciitis the week before my half marathon, and more side oblique/rib pain from November onwards. I might be the queen of deals, but I most certainly have some ruling power in the injury kingdom as well.
3. Awesome Super Senior year: The year of 2009-2010 was one of my favorite years with roommates, friends, and fun. I loved my roommates
4. Graduation: I graduated with a degree in nutrition
And spent a wonderful week with my family while they vacationed here
5. Concerts galore! Bought a concert-pack of tickets and went to my fair share of country concerts throughout the spring and summer.
- Brooks & Dunn with Jason Aldean
- Tim McGraw with Lady Antebellum
- “Country Throwdown” with Montgomery Gentry, Little Big Town, Eric Church, Lost Trailers, Jack Ingram, The Eli Young Band, & Jamey Johnson
- Toby Keith and Trace Adkins
- Brad Paisley, Justin Moore, Darius Rucker, Easton Corbin & Steel Magnolia
- (And should’ve seen Rascal Flatts but they changed the date on us)
7. Life Changes: I moved home. Made a big job decision, and moved all the way back to San Luis Obispo a couple months later. Life changed drastically from the beginning of the year (living with 4 other girls, living a life I loved, and having fun every minute) to the end of the year (living with 2 girls in a smaller townhouse working 65+ hour weeks).
I hate to sound like such a downer on the blog, but I’ve honestly been struggling lately. I feel like I have no life, no fun, and not many friends here. At least in comparison to how it was last year. It’s hard when you don’t live with many people, and the people you do live with have boyfriends which they spend the majority of their time with.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my new job at the hospital. In fact, when I’m working there is probably when I’m enjoying life the most. But it’s hard. I know I’m in an odd transitional state between college and the next step in my life, and it’ll eventually get better. And I’m determined to start out 2011 on a different note than how 2010 ended up.
So 2011? Bring it. I know you have some exciting and huge changes to bring me, and I’m excited to see what you’ve got!!