How was everyone’s weekend? I hope lovely. The warm weather finally took a little dip here, and it got a little chilly and rainy on Sunday. But it’s all good. I mean, it is still January right?!
Today, I wanted to express my love for a new find (to me). Oat bran! I know many of you have been eating oat bran since the Land Before Time…
Pause here for remembrance of such a great movie
…and I’ve been wanting to get some (oat bran that is) for a while. LOVE IT! Oats are “so last year” kind of old for me since I’ve been eating them day in-day out for like 7 years now. Oat bran is creamy and just…..delicious!
It’s taking me a while to get the oats:water ratio down (different than oatmeal? Help a sista out!). So today I added too much water, then had to add more oat bran to even it out. So now I have leftovers! (although who knows if I’ll put leftover oat bran to good use).
It should be noted it was delicious in my almond butter jar
Today’s mix (made 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup almond milk + 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Cinnamon, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder
- Cinnabon candied nuts(!!)
I also had oat bran on Saturday (thank you sleep-in days!).
Pumpkin oat bran! Topped off with 1 Tbsp pumpkin butter and 1 Tbsp pumpkin cream cheese.
I want it to be known, I’m trying really hard to cut back on my oat toppings. I’ve always been an extravagant/extra special toppings gal, so that’s one thing I’m trying to change. But the calories can really add up, while not adding much staying power (think granola, chocolate/cinnamon chips, too much jam, cream cheese & nut butters). Of course, some toppings are delicious and needed (oats are too boring without them!).
Today’s lunch (after the mocha oat bran) was a ginormo salad:
- Bed of lettuce
- Rotisserie chicken
- Onions & tomatoes
- Sprinkling of feta
- Champagne dressing
+ an apple on the side
And just because I’m in weight-loss mode right now, it definitely doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy my treats
All you have to do is work it into your daily “allowance.” Or just enjoy a treat, and not let it get you down! Once and a while won’t do any damage
Apple pie at lunch on Sunday – I hate half a slice. Along with a colorful salad:
When I get salads at work, I like to load them up with:
- A little bit of cheese (parmesan, feta or blue cheese)
- Whatever veggies are out (bell peppers, onions)
- Kidney beans (if they’re on the salad bar)
- Fat free raspberry dressing
- Drizzle of Caesar or 1000 Island
The heavier stuff makes the salad too expensive!! So it all depends on what else I’m getting.
In other news, has anyone seen this at Trader Joe’s?!?!?!?!
That would be Peanut Butter Cream Cheese. AKA the evil of all evils. Take it awaaaayyyyy!!!
And now for the accent Vlog that is making it’s away around blogworld. I did this video on Saturday, and since then have seen multiple other bloggers do one as well. A few things:
1. I’m so sorry for the awful awful quality. I think my webcam just sucks. I swear it wasn’t that dark and I swear I wasn’t actually a dark-eyed zombie while filming it. Proof!
2. I don’t know if the video is super skippy and slow for you. Or if it’s just my internet/computer. My computer has been sh*tty slow lately. And so has my internet. So muchos apologies if it’s skipping.
3. I was put on the spot for some of the questions. Such as how I address a group of people. In all reality I probably just say “Hey guys.” Yeah, I’m that creative.
4. At the end I said: “I hope you guys are all having a better night than I am.” But it sounds like I said “Mumble mumble…djkgsdgh grrrrrhgoihdsgdsjgdsk…”
5. Born and raised near San Francisco CA. I’ve traveled to Arkansas for 10 days one time. And London/Paris for 2 weeks. And that pretty much sums up my childhood travels.
I also don’t know why I felt like swaying back and forth so much. I swear I didn’t have to pee. I don’t think. I actually don’t remember.
Okay, enough of the excuses.