Things I’ve learned at work (the Foodie edition):
1. Take advantage of going out to lunch. If someone’s paying for your meal (and they really don’t care what you order), order what you want!
For example, an expensive salad that I got to add chicken to at California Pizza Kitchen. Roasted Vegetable Salad + chicken.
(Moroccan Chicken Salad is 1 million times better, by the way).
2. Get creative in the kitchen while the baby is sleeping. Instead of a plain old sandwich (PB&J for instance)…
Make a pulled BBQ chicken sandwich with rotisserie chicken!
3. Holiday seasons will do you in. Hello candy and treats galore!
**Insert peppermint mocha brownie here**
4. Sometimes it worth it to eat red meat. Such as in this Monte Cristo sandwich: French toast bread sandwich with cheese & ham, deep fried, and then drizzled with homemade strawberry syrup.
I about gagged when I heard about it. But look at this beast! I was this close to trying a piece (ham and all!), but I ended up picking out the ham. Wow. The strawberry sauce actually went very very well!
(Made by one of the chefs at work)
5. I better get to work and make myself up in the world to have a view like this:
(Bad lighting – that’s the ocean in the background).
Or marry an anesthesiologist. Either one.
6. Take food if your boss gives is going to throw it away. For example: She mentions these odd “Vita-top muffins” her mom bought her that have been in the freezer forever.
You say: “Oh! I love Vita-top muffins!” Hope and cross fingers she’ll offer you them
Yay. Ignore fact that they expired in April and are slightly freezer burnt.
7. Babies are adorable.
Toddlers are hilarious.
Adults grown-ups Early 20-year olds can’t pull it off.
(I guess babies seem to find me hilarious? Hence the baby’s face in the background)
8. Babies are also good birth control.
Anything great that work has taught you? How do you take advantage of your “work perks?”